Thursday 1 December 2011

A Case of National Pride, OR: Why I'm A Proud Canadian

And now for a break from our regularly scheduled program ...

Take a moment if you will and have a close look at the above picture. I'm not trying to draw notice to the wicker Kleenex box, or the baby wipes, or the fact that the Oilers lost to the Wild in a shootout last night. The Movember charity stat blew me away. The proud Canadian broadcasters from TSN, many of whom grew some beastly mo's, made it a point to illustrate the landslide stats of money collected for prostate cancer research.

We are a country of over 34 million people, and somehow we, as a country, managed to raise more than a buck a person for prostate cancer research. We absolutely decimated the United States, a country that boasts over 10 times our population. I was so floored I had to take a picture. I love this country. Pride is not even enough to cover it. To raise money by growing mustaches in November...astounding.

Speechless.

O Canada.

-chef D

No comments:

Post a Comment